Real Estate Stats With 3D Virtual Tour
The RedFin stats are interesting.. I’ve been working on our stats based on the properties we’ve done so far however I’m not ready to release them until the sample size is larger.
I will state the following;
- We’ve been told by sellers they picked us over competition because we offered digital showings
- We’re winning more expired listings by offering something their previous agent did not have, nor have they ever seen before
- Matterport/VR has gotten me exposure in media which resulted in more business
- Buyers have stated at closings that our digital showings were instrumental in their decision making process
- The homes we’ve listed with digital showings are selling significantly faster than those with out
- Engagement via social media with tours prior to listing has increased over 700%
- Demonstrating VR is very memorable, and everyone will be talking about it. While it may not be 100% practical yet, it sure is a great way to get people to remember you.
For each home sale 60% of the sales process is completed online and 90% of the home search is conducted online making it the predominate way that people are interacting with real estate listings.
Increasingly buyers are turning to digital with more half of first time buyers starting their search online and 43% of all buyers found the home they bought online. Additionally mobile devices are playing a larger role in the search and online interaction.
According to a 2012 study by Google and NAR new home buyers place emphasis on virtual tours. An additional 2014 study by Properties Online Inc. states the four most useful tools, according to buyers, when searching for properties are as follows
- Detailed Property Info
- Virtual Tours
- Interactive Maps
information gathered from August 2014 – June 2015 by Brandon Doyle (REALTOR) including interviews of Buyers & Sellers, and statics of actual listings compared to current market averages, as well as other personal listings with out Digital Showings.